Welcome to the 48th Annual Taos Fall Arts Festival Gallery Exhibition!
We’re glad that you’re here. Thank you for your interest in being included in Taos’ longest running Art’s Festival.
Entries: All entries are eligible for exhibition. Last year more than 200 artists submitted a broad array of work for the exhibit. This includes paintings and photographs, mixed media, sculpture, furniture and jewelry, as well as miniature paintings.
Awards: All entries will be a part of the juried show and have the eligibility to receive one of 10 cash awards totaling over $5000. This year’s judge will be Vally House Gallery and Sculpture Garden owner Cheryl Vogel from Dallas, TX.
Sales: All entries will be displayed for sale during the 10 days of the Festival
History: In the land of enchantment there is an extraordinary place where art has made its mark for more than a century. This place is Taos, a town of extraordinary diversity and creative talent. And every year for the last 48 years, Taos has celebrated the arts with the Taos Fall Arts Festival.
The Taos Fall Arts Festival began in 1974 as a venue staged at the homes of patrons who wanted to promote local art. Over the years the festival grew in popularity, and the venues have changed, but the mission has remained constant: to celebrate the visual arts and artists of Taos County; to encourage the growth of emerging artists; and to continue hosting an event where artists could come together, exhibit, and market their work for the delight and appreciation of the community.
We are excited to announce that this year’s exhibition will take place at the newly renovated Bataan Hall on the UNM Taos event hall on Civic Plaza Dr.
The Taos Fall Arts Festival is grateful to our sponsors, New Mexico Arts, Taos Community Foundation, The Couse-Sharp Historic House, Berkshire Hathaway, The University of New Mexico, Waste Management, and the Taos Ski Valley.
Resident of Taos County New Mexico – or – represented by a Taos County gallery
The application deadline to be included in the festival is Saturday, September 10th at Midnight. No applications will be considered after the deadline
All work must be:
– Created within the last 24 months
– Not currently for sale or showing in a retail setting
– All applicable work must be framed (Mediums not meant to be framed, such as a canvas wrap or acrylic images, are acceptable)
Theme – “New Beginnings”
Medium – All artistic mediums are encouraged to submit entries for the exhibition
File size requirement – Images must be high quality, 72 ppi, RGB and a maximum of 5 MB. jpg, tiff, png, or pdf file format
Dimensions of image – Any dimension is welcome, but be aware exhibition space may be limited.
Image Name – Please include your name and image title in the filename. (john_doe_title.jpg)
QUALITY MATTERS! Image should be of good quality to represent your work as best as it can be.
The application fee is $30.00 for standard sized pieces.
If you would like to submit an additional miniature piece (smaller than 14″ on the longest side) the fee is $15
For pieces over 45″ in height the application fee is $50.00
Only the main artwork and one miniature will be accepted into the show.
Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Artist will retain all copyrights to their work.
Only one large piece and one miniature piece may be submitted by an artist.
All 2D work must be framed. Any exceptions must be approved by the Taos Fall Arts Festival.
Be sure to include the name of the work, your name, the medium, and your sales price with each piece
If a piece is sold, Taos Fall Arts will charge a 40% gallery fee. This fee is applied to the sale price. The fee goes directly towards paying for the Taos Fall Arts Festival each year. The artist will receive the remaining 60% of the sale.
The artist’s main piece must remain on display through the first full day of the festival (September 24th). After that, if the buyer wishes to take the piece before the end of the Festival, the artist may replace the piece with one of similar size. The new piece will be hung at the discretion of the curator.
Checks will be mailed to the artists who sell work within 2 weeks of the end of the Festival
Unsold pieces must be picked up on October 3rd. Arrangements can be made for alternative pickup with the Taos Fall Arts Festival.
Contact email@example.com for help with your entry.
To enter your work into the Taos Fall Arts Festival, please open the application by clicking the button below.
Please have an image of your artwork for upload as well as a complete W-9 form. (A link to the form is available on the application site.)